Sunday 31 July 2016

Rosie Doodles Day!

So, yesterday was Little Ladys' birthday she turned the grand old age of 6! Where has that time gone?

Time and time again she has proved what a determined and fearless Little Lady she really is, I have said it so many times before but what a difference a 6 months and the right school makes! 

This week she has been on yet another swimming crash course 30 minutes swimming every morning, but she was the only one on it!!! So she didn't have any breaks whilst the other children swam - she was tired, Mike worked her so hard, he was determined to get her some badges and so he pushed her every day but in true Little Lady style she just got on with it and, yes, she got a badge and is very close to another. She never complains (well not to her swimming teacher lol!) just jumps in and gives 110%.

Then on Friday, after swimming Little Lady had her 2nd casting audition for a dancing tv show. Was she tired? absolutely but that wasn't going to stop her. She had her job to do! She walked into a room of children she had never met before. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal but this is the little girl who 6 months ago if another child spoke to her she would have broken out in tears she was that scared of any child. But not now she wandered in and showed them her stuff! Does it matter if she doesn't get a part absolutely not! I couldn't be prouder, I saw dancing her socks off giving it 110% on Friday and more importantly enjoying herself!

So, yesterday we rested? I wish, we were up with the larks and riding our new bike (our neighbours must love us!) then rode it all day, round and round (we can only go anti-clockwise!) but we did it, even started using the brakes!!!!

Anyway, back to the reason you are all here. To continue the celebration of all things Little Lady, it felt only right to share a Rosie Doodles make and this canvas has to to be one of my favourites. 

To make it I used the Naturals Backgrounds, Rosie Says and of course Rosie Doodles.


To make this one I cover the bottom right corner in Texture Paste and stamped the open honeycomb into it.

Whilst that dried I stamped 4 solid roses (to get the water coloured effect I inked up the stamp and them spritzed it using water) and 7 leaves. When they were dry I over stamped them with the detailed stamp cut them out.

I inked up the canvas using different yellow/orange and pale brown inks. I then stamped the grain effect into the top left corner using Archival Ink. Around the edge I stuck the 1 inch wonder tape from be Creative and then covered it in their Wonder Crystals too.

Onto the canvas I then stuck the Roses.

To finish of the canvas I stamped one of the sayings, cut it out leaving a white border and then mounted it and cut that out too and added it to the canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment