Wednesday 3 June 2015

A pot full of daisies

I love flowers but this year my garden is more veggies and fruit than flowers, as I just haven't gotten around to sorting out the bedding plants yet. Little man doesn't seem that keen on gardening as he spends most of the time pulling up any plants I have just planted! So this year veggies will have to do and hopefully next year he will understand not all plants want pulling out the ground and eating!

I just love how this card turned out and, I really enjoyed making it - stamping, painting and distress inks what could be more relaxing??????


To make this card I started by die cutting a large oval out of cream card and stamped the small daisy in the centre and masked it off and repeated until I had a triangle of daisies and then I stamped the largest pot from the Lots of Pots stamp set. I then coloured them in using Distress Inks and a water brush. I then distressed around the edge and added two doodle lines.

Onto another piece of cream card I stamped 2 of the largest, 4 of the middle sized and 5 of the smallest Daisy flowers. And then 4 of the larger leaf and 10 of the smallest ones. These to were coloured in using Distress Inks, cut out and shaped using an embossing tool.

I used an A5 off white card for the base card and rounded off the corners. Next I cut a piece of brown card 1cm smaller on both sides and a off white piece of card another 1cm  smaller then the brown. The off white piece I then embossed, lightly distressed, added faux stitching around the edge and mounted it onto the piece of brown card. Across the centre I added a piece of brown ribbon and attached it to the base card.

In the centre of the card I attached the oval which I had mounted onto a larger scalloped oval. Around that I arranged and attached the cut out daisies and leaves.

To finish of the card I added stickles to the centre of the flowers and a bow and hat pins to the ribbon.

If you like our stamps, why not check out our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment