Saturday 12 April 2014

Mildred's Birthday

Sometimes I just have to play with my stamps and if things work great if not they get filed! This one worked.....


To make this card I started by ripping a page from a book and stamping Mildred onto it, then using acrylic paints I coloured her in - making sure I painted over the lines.

Whilst Mildred was drying, I  found some patterned papers to make a background distressed around the edge, stamped fake stitches, where the two papers met I attached some lace around it. Next I lightly distressed a very small doily for the bottom corner and die cut and embossed some flowers for the top right. For the brad I found a 1 inch brad sanded it lightly and stamped "Birthday Wishes 2U" into the centre using Stazon.

Once Mildred was dry I stamped Mildred again this time using Stazon and added some flowers to her bodice from the On the Branch stamp set. I tore around all the edges of the page from the book,  then stamped the corner cog stamp from Large Cog Corner and finally I distressed around the edge.

To finish of the card I attached the doily to the bottom left corner of the patterned papers, then added Mildred at an angle, across the bottom of the card I added some ribbon and a bow (I made a slit in the doily to push the ribbon through). In the top right of the patterned papers I added the die cut flowers using the large brad. In the corners of the page from a book I added a brad and a bead cap. This was then added to an A5 base card which had been distressed around the edges. finally I added some buttons and hatpins.

I hope you like our stamps, if you do why not check out our website

Stamps used for this card 



No comments:

Post a Comment