Sunday 2 March 2014

Born to stand out!

I just love this little card, I made it whilst at Doncaster the other week.

I know the matting and layering is a little crooked and the wording could have done with being matted too but I like it and I am definitely going to play with this idea, so watch this space.......


I started by second generation stamping  Crafty Jack onto a piece of card 2cm smaller than A6 (I inked up Crafty Jack, stamped him onto some scrap paper then stamped him where I wanted him, it gives you a much softer image). next I coloured it in using watered down Distress Inks and a water brush. This was then mounted on to a piece of blue card and then again to an A6 card.

Next I stamped the solid Lizzie stamp onto some spare paper/card, then I added the detail stamp over the top and cut it out. Onto the card I position Lizzie (but didn't stick her down!) and stamped the stem and leaf. Then I stuck Lizzie down with foam tape and added a gem.

Finally, I cut out one of my favourite DR Seuss sayings "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" and added it to the card.

I think you will be seeing this card a lot as I have a few birthdays coming up which it will be perfect for!

I hope you like these new stamps, if you do why not check out our website

Stamps used for this card




No comments:

Post a Comment