Friday 15 March 2013

Nina Crafts: Vroom Vroom Room Sign

So, I don't know where to start with this one! It was one disaster after another making this room sign but I thought I would share it anyway....


For this room sign I used the Vroom Vroom Stamp set and the plain lowercase alphabet from Dimension stamps.
I started by painting three chipboard stars in yellow acrylic paint and set aside to dry (you can speed it up a little using your heat gun!).
Next I stamped "ben" onto white card, over stamped it with the tyre tracks. Onto the white card I also stamped the exhaust smoke. I then cut every thing out and left it to one side. 
Then onto red card I stamped the car, added a number, blacked out the windows and cut it out too.
When the chipboard stars were dry, I then shaded one with red, one with orange and one with green. I then (and this is where I really messed up!) went around the edges of the stars and added bits to the points too with permanent marker pen (I didn't look and picked up a dry wipe pen grrrrrrr!). Then attached "ben" to the stars and glaze (mine smudged and I had to start again!).
Next cover a, A5 piece of chipboard in some backing paper and randomly stamp the tyre tracks. I then arranged the stars and cut off any excess chipboard.
To finish it off I stuck on the car and exhaust fumes and added glossy accents!
I do like how it turned out but just grouchy I had to paint the stars twice! Oh and my dry wipe pen got moved of my crafting desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment