Tuesday 19 March 2013

Birthday Card

My sister made a comment a couple of weeks ago that she loved the Tim Holtz Vintage Fan die but hadn't got a clue what she would ever do with it. So for her birthday I bought her the die and it would have been rude not to use it to make her card.....


To make this card I cut out a piece of white card 7.5 inch square and covered it in torn pieces from a book that had been distressed lightly. I then stamped the large cog corner from Crafty Roo Designs (available VERY soon!) in two opposite corners. I then distressed this and set it to one side.

Next I die cut the fan from white card (yep this fan started out white!!!!) I distressed across the bottom using Black Soot then Pewter distress stain to add highlights. The fan part was done in Wild Honey,  Stormy Sky, Rusty Hinge, Black Soot and Frayed Burlap Then I added Antiqued Bronze distress stain.

Whilst the fan dried I die cut the words from the Spellbinders Girlie Grunge set and distressed them. And I also cut out the flowers from the Time Holtz Tattered Florals using the two small ones only. I then embossed them using the Time Holtz Blueprint embossing folder. All the flowers were then distressed and I added some Pewter distress stain.

To finish the card I stuck the backing card onto some black card and used the Pewter Distress Stain around the edge I then added the fan, words,flowers and brads.

Finally I attached the card to an 8x8 inch Kraft card which had been distressed around the edge.

Nic loved her card and started to tell me all the ways she could use her new die.

Little Lady

Little Lady also made her a card it had to have penguins on it and sparkles! She does really well as the only help she gets is with the cutting/folding of the card/paper and a reminder which way words go!

No comments:

Post a Comment