Saturday 2 February 2013

Nina Crafts: Out at sea

Here's another card I made using a new set called Out at sea (ref: NC006) from Nina Crafts.

Sorry about the photos!



I wasn't quite sure how this card was going to turn out as I wanted to do a zig zag card, but I also wanted it to be A5 in size. So, I combines the two and I think it works quite well.

I started by cutting an A4 piece of card in half. On one of the pieces I stamped the lighthouse about an inch in from the left side and coloured it in, then created a grassy hill. About an inch from the left side I scored a line to create a tab to secure it onto the main card. Then I cut it out.

On the other piece I stamped the saying "Out at sea is the best place to be..." to create waves all across the base of the card, then I ripped across the top and distressed it. Then about an inch from the right side I scored a line to create a tab to secure it onto the main card.

Next I cut another piece of white A4 card in half and trimmed both pieces down (5mm of each edge). On one page I shaded the bottom in blue (the sea) and the top in yellows and oranges (lovely sunset). To make the sun I punched out a circle and shaded it using oranges. Once I was happy with the "scene" I stamped the saying across the sun (making sue it wouldn't be hidden by the lighthouse once I attached it).
On the other piece of trimmed down card I stamped the lighthouse, once onto scrap paper then with out re inking onto the bottom left corner of the card. Then I did the same with the corner stamp in the top right corner. I then distressed around the edge of the card.
To finish the card I took a piece of A5 Kraft card and stamped the corner stamp in all four corners on the front and back, then distressed around the edges on both sides too. Onto the Kraft card I stuck the scene and attached the lighthouse to the card by gluing the tab to the back of the kraft card, then I did the same for the sea. Finally to hide the tabs and give space to write my greeting I attached the other piece of white card.

No comments:

Post a Comment