Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day!
 
I am really pleased with how this card turned out, I have had the design in my head for a few days so I was really pleased I got around to making it.

 
All the stamps I used are from Dimension Stamps:
  • Plain Alphabet (ref: 1801012A)
  • Letter Frames
  • Window of Waves (ref: NC003)
This card was a real quick make I started by stamping the square letter frame onto some patterned paper and cut them out. Next I stamped "LOVE" onto plain white card, added fake stitching and cut these out too. These were all then distressed lightly.
 
Next I distressed a square plain white base card in different shades of red, finishing by adding a tiny amount of black. Then stamped across the top and bottom of the card using Window of Waves.
 
I then found a piece of scrap red coredinations card cut it to fit across the card, then embossed it, sanded it, distressed it and stuck it onto the front of the card.
 
Down the fold of the card I added some ribbon and added to large staples to the opposite side.
 
To finish off the card I stuck on the four square frames then added the letters and covered them both in Crackle Paint. I then used a heat gun to get the crackle paint to dry quicker so I could add an embellishment with out getting sticking fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment