Tuesday 8 January 2013

Gift Card Holder

This gift card holder was so quick and easy to make, but turned out rather well I think.



To make this I used two stamps from Dimension Stamps Double stitch from Sew Creative (ref:2400073a)  and the sentiment "A Gift For You!". I also used the Tim Holtz Mini Paper Rosettes die.

All I did was take a piece of kraft card and along the longest side scored at 10 and 20cm (or use the DL score lines). I then cut 5cm off one end to create the pocket. Still using kraft card I cut two long 5cm wide strips and stuck them together. Along the two long edges I stamped the double stitch. Next I scored folded it.

Then using white/cream card  I cut a strip 7cm wide for on the front and stuck this to the card. Then using the double stitch stamp I stamped along the edges of the card and also along the long edges of the white/cream card. Next I added the folded kraft card using strong glue.

To finish the front off I punched two small holes on either end of the folded paper and threaded string through it. I then die cut the larger paper rosette and attached it to the card.

For the inside of the card I cut a piece of white/cream card  and stamped the double stitch around the edge and also around the pocket "flap". I attached the white/cream card to the inside of the card and the secured the two edges of the flap with strong glue.

Now the perfect holder for a fabulous gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment