Tuesday 6 November 2012

Dimension Stamps: Sew Creative

I had sooooo much fun making this card! It was so quick and easy to make I was so surprised!


For this card I used the following stamps from Dimension Stamps: Sew Creative (ref: 2400073a),Grand Word Perfect 2 (ref: 1803069a) and a project club stamp set called  Wordflake (ref: 2300050A).

I started with the background for this card. I cut a 7.5inch square white card and masked off the bottom section to give the impression of snow on the ground, and masked a narrow border around the edge.

In the "sky" I clear stamped the snowflakes from the Wordflake Project set then clear embossed them. Next I distressed it using different shades of blue ink. Once I was happy with it I spritzed it with silver shimmer mist.

Once this was dry I removed the masks. At the bottom I added Shabby Blue Frantage embossing enamel (trying not to get any in the narrow border.) I then stamped around the edge with the Zig Zag stitch. Down the left hand side I added some coordinating trims/wools and in the top right corner added a large brad. This was then matted onto blue pearl card, which I stamped around the edge using the straight stitch. I then attached this to an 8x8 inch white card and added the stitching again. 

I then stamped the manikin onto white card and added snowflakes as I did for the background and coloured in the post. Next I tied some wool around the neck of the manikin and attached it to the card, once on the card I added Glossy Accents to the post.
Finally I did the sentiment, for this I stamped the banner border from Grand Word Perfect 2 and stamped "Winter Wonderland" into it. this was then distressed. I then added embossing enamel, when it was cool I went over it again with distress ink. And attached it to the card.
See I said this was a quick one!

No comments:

Post a Comment