Tuesday 2 October 2012

Dimension Stamps : Seasons Around the Corner (Some More!)

I really enjoyed making patterns and backgrounds with the new stamp set from Dimension Stamps, its called Seasons Around the Corner (ref: 2400071a).  Here is a couple of ideas using these stamps to form a background.

Get Well Soon

I just loved the "april showers" corner in this set and what better use for it than a Get Well Soon card! The other stamps I used make this card are: Forever Floral (ref: 2400061a) and Grand Word Perfect (ref: 1803161a).

To make I cut a rectangle of white card smaller than A6 and stamped the corner to fill the card in blue, then distressed it lightly. I then backed this in a matching blue card.

Then on a small piece of white card I stamped the "Larkspur" and then the word. This was then coloured in, I drew a line around the edge, and then distressed it lightly. To finish off the tag I cut a piece of  the blue card wider and long enough to fold over the top of tag, and rounded the corners off. To fix the stamped image in place in place add two brads to the top and at the bottom I slit the corners and pushed the stamped image through.

I stamped Get Well Soon into the rectangle frame, cut it out and then distressed it lightly, matted it onto the blue card and added a brad.

To finish the card I wrapped a piece of blue ribbon around the background card and attached to an A5 card slitting the corners and pushing the card through.  Attach the get well message to the card and stick the tag on. Finally I glossed the Larkspur.

Happy Birthday

For this card I also used the following stamps, Circular Sentiment... Happy Birthday (ref:1803161a), Petal Passion (ref: 2400065a) and Butterfly (ref: 0805037A).

To make this card I covered an A5 piece of card in the "butterfly" corner. Then cut of a 2cm strip of the narrow side, and trimmed the width down so it could be stuck to an A4 card leaving a narrow border showing. I then coloured in the butterflies and distressed the edges. To this a added a black ribbon.

On an A4 black card I used a border punch down the left hand edge and attached the stamped background to the front and the narrow strip the the inside, so is showing through.

To make the butterfly I  folded a page out of a book in half and stamped the butterfly. I the glued down the butterflies body and cut it out. I then coloured it in and curved the wings.

To make the sentiment I stamped the largest flower from the Petal passion set onto a page from a book and also some white card. Then in the centre of the Flower that was stamped on the plain card I stamped the circular "Happy Birthday". Both flowers were distressed and then embossed parts of the sentiment.

The card was finished off by attaching the butterfly and adding gems to the wings. The flowers were added on top of each other using 3d glue and two hatpins were pushed into the drying glue. Three black card candi were added at the top and stickles was used down the side.

Happy Retirement

This final card was made using the "gardening" corner, Grand Word Perfect (ref: 1803161a) and Keen Gardener's Set (ref: 2300002A).

 To make the card I stamped the "gardening" corner to cover a piece of white card and distressed the edges. I then wrapped some string around the card and tied a knot to fasten.

On a small piece of card I stamped "Happy Retirement" and stamped plant pots and gardening tools around it. Then coloured it in.

Next I cut a strip of handmade paper overlapped it and added four eyelets. Then fastened some string through it.

I wrapped the strip of paper around the stamped background and attached this to the base card. Finally I added the sentiment to the strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment