Monday 27 August 2012

Dimension Stamps - August Project Club

Dimension stamps run a monthly project club, you get a set of stamps, a newsletter, an ideas sheet and all the stuff (minus glue and ink) to make one of the ideas for £10, to join the club visit the Dimension Stamps website!

Augusts set was called Teenage Dream (stamp ref: 2300060a) and I just had to have a play with them.

Door Hanger

What teenage boys room couldn't be complete without a "Do not disturb" sign?

 

To make this all I did was cut out two door hanger (and it's shadow) on the Cricut. To make the centre pieces I cut a strip to fit inside the door hangers in white.

On the front I stamped the games controller at the top and headphones at the bottom, and coloured them in. I then cut a burst shape (and it's shadow) out on the Cricut in green. One this I stamped NOT using Krystal tips upper and lower alpha stamp set (ref: 2400012A). I then underlined this and highlighted some of the sticky out bits in black pen. This was then stuck to the white card so that Do and Disturb could be fitted around it. Next still using the Krystal tips I stamped Do and Disturb. (And a finger print, tho that wasn't part of the plan!). I lightly distressed the edges, I then glued this to one side of the door hanger and using glossy accents I filled in the burst.

On the back I just used masks to fill in the white card with the games controller, headphones and  laptop. Then coloured it all in and lightly distressed the edges. I cut the name out on the cricut in black and stuck it on, and finally added card candi in the corners.

Once the glossy accents was dry I stuck the back on!

Very quick and simple to do!

Gift Card

I am always stuck what to buy my friends daughter and always end up giving her a gift voucher for somewhere. So I decided I wanted to come up with an idea of making the voucher part of the card ....








This card is basically a 5inch square card with an extra flap for the gift card. I took two sheets of pink card, one slightly lighter than the other and cut then down so they were 5 inches wide (on the shortest side!) Then taking the piece of card for the front and back (in my case the darker piece). Along the length I scored it as if it was going to be an A4 gate fold and then again 0.5 inch after that. From the second score line I measured 5 inches and cut it. For the flap I took the other piece of card and again along the length scored it, as if it was an A5 gate fold and then again 0.5 inch after that. From the second score line I measured 5 inches and cut it. I then stuck the card together.

To make the Gift card envelope I used a piece of 12 x 12 patterned paper, cut a strip 4.25 inches wide. Then scored along the length at 2.75 and 6.25 inches then trimmed it so it is 9 inches long. I took the corners of the flap and on the inside flap I removed a section so that the card could be taken out easier. I used strong tape on the edges to form the envelope, added an edge of pink to the flap and a brad to keep the envelope fastened. 
To decorate the front of the card I cut out a circle and stamped the straighteners, masked them then stamped the phone and coloured these in. Around the edge I stamped Birthday Wishes in pink from the Grand Word Perfect stamp set (ref: 1803161a), distressed it and used glossy accents to highlight the phone and straighteners. I used the remaining pale pink card and patterned paper to create a backing, added flowers and charms to complete the front. I added the stamped image once dry.

 On the inside front flap I again used the pale pink and patterned paper leftovers to create a backing. Onto white ribbon I stamped Hugs and Kisses from the Grand Word Perfect set. Added the ribbons across the corners and finished off with some matching flowers. On the back of the gift card flap I stamped the words from the stamp set all over it and distressed the edges. On the inside on the gift card flap I stamped the straighteners around the edge, coloured them in and distressed the edges.

I then stamped the phone and straighteners, coloured these and cut them out I then added them to the outside of the gift card flap. To finish of this flap I added the ribbon, making sure the ends would be behind the gift card envelope on the other side.

On the other side I added the gift envelope. I stamped With Love onto a speech bubble and attached that to the envelope. I also added a ribbon and a bow to the flap.
 For the back of the card (greetings bit).  I again used some of the pale pink and patterned paper to create the background. I then cut a small square of  white card and stamped in pink Love & Best Wishes then distressed it. Onto shrink plastic I stamped the phone and straighteners, coloured these in and heated them. I added these and a couple of brads to the greeting to finish it off. All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment